The LivingSpirituality Journeying Together Group (JTG) emerged out of an initiative in 2014 designed to “explore the spirituality and theology of giving equal weight to female and male language for the divine”. After a few meetings we broadened our scope to reflect the original members’ interests.
Our aims now are to:
- share our spiritual journeys;
- use inclusive language and imagery exploring the feminine and masculine nature of the divine, particularly focusing on bringing forth the suppressed feminine strand within the Judeo-Christian tradition;
- acknowledge our connection with the web of life;
- make deeper connections to God, as we listen for the voice of the Holy Spirit in our time;
- be open to insights from the contemplative tradition and from other faiths;
- respect diversity.
I have written a detailed document explaining more about the group and how it works.
Topics covered include:
- how we structure our monthly meetings
- examples of the themes we have covered in our meetings
- the group agreements we have made
- a description of our creative liturgies and the resources we use for them
- quotes from some of our members about how they have benefitted from the group.
The document can be downloaded here – www.livingspirit.org.uk/